How To Use Pit Boss Electric Smoker Like A Pro?
As a smoker myself, I can tell you that using an electric smoker is the way to go. Not only do they produce great results, but they’re also super easy to use. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to use Pit Boss electric smoker like a pro.
If you are looking for a smoker that is easy to use, Pit Boss Electric Smoker is the answer. It is made of high-quality materials and it has an affordable price tag. The electric smoker comes with a temperature gauge so you can control the temperature easily.
Pit Boss Electric Smoke also has an insulated stainless steel body which makes sure your food cooks evenly all over without drying out or burning on one side only. You will not have to worry about anything because this smoker has auto shutoff feature when the desired temperature is reached. This way, you will be able to cook meat in 5 hours!
This article will show you how to use Pit Boss Electric Smoker so that your cooking experience becomes easier than ever before. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced smoker, read on for tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of your Pit Boss!
What is the Pit Boss Electric Smoker?
If you regularly smoke meats such as pulled pork, ribs, turkey and brisket then you need a smoker that is easy to use. You do not want to be caught up with too many complicated settings and controls when all of the family members want something different.
Pit Boss electrical smoker has been designed by people who understand your everyday life and needs. It offers ease of use and affordability. Just plug it in and you can cook like a professional!
Some smokers require manual feeding wood pellets every 2-3 hours but this one does not – it works on electricity so there is no worry about refilling wood pellets all the time.
People who bought Pit Boss say that it’s easy to set up, use and that meat comes out moist without any dried out edges. The insulated stainless steel body means that your food will cook evenly all over and not just on one side.
One of the best features of the Pit Boss is the temperature gauge. This allows you to control the cooking process and get that perfect smoked flavor every time. You don’t want your food to be cooked at too high a temperature or it will dry out, nor do you want it to be cooked at too low a temperature or it will take forever.
With the temperature gauge, you can set it to the perfect smoking temperature for your food and let it cook slowly and evenly until it’s ready.
Auto Shutoff Feature
Another great feature of the Pit Boss smoker is the auto shutoff. This means that once your food has reached the desired temperature, the smoker will automatically turn off so that you don’t have to worry about it. This is great for when you’re busy with other things and don’t want to have to constantly check on your smoker. You can set it and forget it!
The Pit Boss electric smoker is a good size for an average family. It’s not too big or too small, meaning that you can cook a wide variety of meats in it without having to worry about them not fitting. It’s also easy to store away when you’re not using it.
The price of the Pit Boss electric smoker is another great feature. It is affordable without sacrificing quality, meaning that you can get a great smoker without spending a fortune.
Pit Boss Electric Smoker vs. Other Smokehouses
The main competitor of Pit Boss smokers are Traeger smokers . Both Pit Boss and Traeger offer high-quality, easily transportable smokers that are ideal for smoking just about any food. Compared to Traeger smokers though, Pit Boss electric smokers have several advantages:
- Easier temperature controls
- Higher wattage temperatures (Pit Boss’ max temperature is 500 while most other brands max out at around 400)
- Longer warranties (1 year vs. 90 days)
The only downside of Pit Boss electric smokers is that they take up a bit more space than other brands due to the larger size of the grills/racks inside them. However, given their affordable price tags ($160-$300+), ease of use, and high temperature capabilities, Pit Boss smokers are an excellent choice for beginners or experienced smokers alike.
Now that you know all about the Pit Boss electric smoker, it’s time to start cooking! These tips and tricks will help you make the most of this smoker and create delicious smoked meats that the whole family will love. So what are you waiting for? Get smoking!
2. How To Use Pit Boss Electric Smoker?
The Pit Boss electric smoker is a great smoker for the beginner or experienced smoker. It is easy to use and has some great features, such as the temperature gauge and auto shutoff. Here are some tips on how to use your Pit Boss electric smoker:
1. Read the instructions carefully before using your smoker. This will ensure that you know how to use it properly and get the most out of it.
2. Plug in your smoker and set the desired temperature on the temperature gauge.
3. Place your food in the smoker and close the door. Make sure the smoke vent is open so that the smoke can circulate properly around your food.
4. Smoke your food for 5-6 hours, depending on the type of food you are smoking.
5. Use the auto shutoff feature once your food has reached the desired temperature for an added layer of protection. This means that you can focus on other things without worrying about overcooking or burning your meat!
6. Once cooked, remove the meat from the smoker and enjoy! You can now try out different recipes with smoked meats to create some delicious dishes. Here are some great recipes to get you started:
- Smoked fish dip (this recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare!)
- Smoked mac n cheese
7. If necessary, you can use a water bath or aluminum tins to keep your food moist if it starts drying out after several hours of smoking.
User Tips and Tricks
For tips and tricks on how to use the smoker, check out this article:
Pit Boss BBQ Grill Smoker Troubleshooting – Tips And Tricks For Fixing Common Problems
Electric smokers are a great investment for those who love smoked meats but don’t have time for all of the preparation that smoking meat by hand requires.
However, even electric smokers can sometimes present problems that require troubleshooting. Here are a few common Pit Boss electric smoker problems and some tips on how to fix them:
Problem #1 – Food is not cooking evenly or at desired temperature
If your food is not cooking evenly or at the desired temperature you first want to make sure that your dishwasher element is working properly. If it isn’t, you will need to replace the heating element.
Another possible cause for this is that your food may be wrapped incorrectly or placed in the smoker at incorrect angles. If you are using aluminum foil to wrap your food, make sure it is tightly wrapping around your meat so that heat can efficiently transfer throughout.
You also want to make sure that your food isn’t placed too close to the edge of the rack (if you are using one) and touching other pieces of meat or walls of smoker since this will create uneven cooking and could overheat your meat while leaving certain areas undercooked.
Problem #2 – More smoke flavor needed
If you find that there isn’t enough smoke flavor then try adding more chips (wood chunks). You can add 1-2 cups depending on the size of your smoker. Cherry, apple, and hickory wood chips are great for adding a smoky flavor to your food.
Problem #3 – Fan is not working
If your fan isn’t working then you may have a clogged air intake. In order to fix this, remove the grills and screens from the front and back of the smoker and clean out any debris that may be blocking the intake.
Other tips and tricks
Here are a few other tips and tricks for using your Pit Boss electric smoker:
- If you need to adjust the temperature, do so gradually. Making large changes can cause the smoker to overheat or undercook your food.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that your food is cooked to the correct internal temperature. This will help prevent overcooked or undercooked meats.
- Keep a spray bottle of water nearby in case of any flare-ups. This will help to extinguish the fire without having to use a lot of water, which could affect the taste of your food.
- Plan ahead and allow enough time for your meat to smoke evenly. Thin cuts of meat usually take less time than thicker cuts, so be sure to factor that into your cooking time.
- Experiment with different types of wood chips to find the flavor that you like best. Some smokers prefer a stronger flavor, while others prefer a milder taste.
- Be patient and let your food smoke slowly. This will ensure that the meat is cooked evenly and has a delicious smoky flavor.
- If you are using an aluminum foil drip pan, make sure to remove it after the meat is finished cooking so that the drippings can cool off and be disposed of properly. Putting hot pans in water can cause them to warp or melt.
Accessories available for purchase (e.g., meat hooks, remote control)
There are a few different accessories that are available for purchase to make using the smoker even easier. These include:
- Meat hooks – These hooks make it easy to place and remove food from the smoker without having to use your hands.
- Remote control – This allows you to control the temperature and smoke settings from a distance, making it convenient when you’re smoking meats for a large group.
Tips on cleaning the smoker
It is important to clean your smoker after each use in order to keep it in good condition. Here are a few tips on how to clean your Pit Boss electric smoker:
- Make sure that the smoker is unplugged and cooled down before beginning any cleaning process.
- Wipe down the outside of the smoker with a warm, wet cloth to remove any grease or food residue.
- Remove the racks and grills from inside the smoker and clean them using hot water and soap. Make sure that all pans are completely dry before returning them to your appliance.
- Use cotton swabs dipped in white vinegar to clean out hard-to-reach areas, such as corners or vents. This solution is safe for cleaning surfaces without scratching them.
When you purchase a Pit Boss electric smoker, you will automatically receive a 1 year warranty on parts if your model comes equipped with one (models 270/285). There is also an option to extend your warranty up to 3 years by registering your product on the Pit Boss website.
Recipes for smoking with Pit Boss Electric Smoker:
Maple Smoked Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned and prepared for smoking
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of applewood smoked salt
- 1 cup of maple syrup
How to make it:
Combine the lime juice, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Rub this mixture on the inside and outside of the chicken. Place the chicken into your smoker and let it smoke for about 3 hours or until fully cooked.
While that is cooking, combine the maple syrup with some water (about 3/4 cup) in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until boiling, mixing often.
Once it reaches this point, remove from heat and brush the syrup over the chicken. Let it cook for another 15-30 minutes, or until the glaze has set.
- 1 (5-7 pound) brisket
- 1 cup of Applewood smoked salt
- 2 cups of brown sugar
How to make it:
Combine the salt and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
Rub this mixture all over the brisket, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
Place the brisket in your smoker and let it cook for about 10 hours or until it’s fall-apart tender. Slice the meat against the grain and serve with your favorite sides.
Smoked Pork Loin
- 1 (3-4 pound) pork loin
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
How to make it:
Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a bowl, combine the oil and garlic powder.
Rub this mixture all over the pork loin.
Place the pork in the smoker and let it cook for about 4 hours or until it’s cooked through. Slice the meat and serve with your favorite sides.
FAQ on How To Use Pit Boss Electric Smoker?
How do you start a pit boss electric smoker?
To start a Pit Boss electric smoker, plug it into an electrical outlet and set the temperature dial to your desired heat. Keep in mind that the higher the setting, the higher the smoke will be coming out of the smoker, which can cause problems if your smoker is inside or near your house. Once you’ve reached your desired heat level, leave it for about 30-45 minutes before adding any food.
How much does a Pit Boss electric smoker cost?
Depending on which model you purchase (the 390/480/685 models are larger than models 270/285), prices range from $160-$300+.
How do you set the temperature on a pit boss electric smoker?
On most models, the temperature is set by turning a dial on the front of the smoker. The higher you turn it, the higher the temperature will be. Keep in mind that if your smoker is near your house, the smoke coming out of it will be much stronger at high temperatures and could cause problems. It’s best to start at a lower temperature and increase it gradually as needed.
Why is my Pit Boss temp blinking?
If your smoker’s temperature is blinking, it means that the smoker has lost power and needs to be plugged back in. If this happens, check to make sure that the smoker is plugged into an outlet and that the outlet is working. You may also need to reset the smoker by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.
What can I do if my Pit Boss electric smoker isn’t smoking?
If your smoker isn’t smoking, it could mean that the unit needs a new bag of pellets or that the temperature isn’t high enough. Try adding a few more pieces of wood to the fire pot or increasing the temperature setting on your smoker. If neither of these solutions work, you may need to clean out the smoker’s fire pot.
What wood is best for pit boss electric smokers?
The best type of wood to use in a Pit Boss electric smoker is Applewood, Cherrywood or Hickory. You can also try oak, pecan, maple and mesquite but these are stronger flavors so you may not want to use them with meat that has a lot of seasoning already.
How do I maintain my Pit Boss smoker?
To maintain your Pit Boss electric smoker, start by learning how it works by reading the user manual thoroughly. Each model’s design is different so you’ll need to learn yours specifically. Another important aspect of maintaining your pit boss smoker is keeping it clean. After each cookout or whenever smoke coming out less often than usual, wipe down insides of smoker with a paper towel soaked in vegetable oil.
Do you soak wood chips for Pit Boss electric smoker?
It’s not necessary to soak wood chips when smoking meat in a Pit Boss electric smoker. However, you can add a few drops of water into the chip box if you want to create more steam.
Conclusion on How To Use Pit Boss Electric Smoker:
The Pit Boss Electric Smoker is a high-quality, electric smoker that makes smoking meat simple and easy. With three temperature settings, you can control how much smoke flavor your food will have or if it will be smoked at all.
This guide has covered the basics of what this product is and How To Use Pit Boss Electric Smoker? in order to create delicious meats for friends and family with minimal effort on your part!
If you’ve got more questions about any of these topics, don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team via email or phone call. We look forward to hearing from you soon!